Monday, October 24, 2011

It All Comes Out

Last night, I finally told my parents that Colton and I are engaged. They have never really liked our relationship, but we love each other and that's what matters. They aren't very happy with the idea of it, but I think after some time they will warm up to the idea and be more supportive. My parents have had a sort of "vision" of what my future should be like and this definitely doesn't fit into their plans. Because they are so far away from me and I am currently without a car or other mode of transportation, I had to call them and tell them over the phone. The conversation went really well until we got to the part about my engagement. It hurts because they said they don't know if they can support my decision and they didn't say much else about it. I really want them to be involved, but it's hard when we have differing views on what's best for me. There is still time before the time actually comes for the wedding for them to warm up to it. I just hope it's enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment